Saturday, July 5, 2008

More Image Processing

The weird thing about astrophotography is that as much time you spend shooting images, you spend at least an equal amount of time processing them. I decided to combine some images taken with two different cameras of the same subject. The idea is that the more digital data you capture, the better your overall image. So, I shot M8 and M20 in Sagittarius with my Canon EOS 40D and my Hap Griffin Modified Canon EOS 350D. By using a scaling procedure, I was able to align the images with two stars that were visible in all the images, even though the images were made with different cameras, with different fields of view. The result is below.

The Image above is M8 and M20 in the constellation, Sagittarius.
Cameras - Canon EOS 40D and Hap Griffin Modified Canon EOS 350D
Lens - Sigma 300MM f2.8 Lens, set at 300MM f2.8 - ISO 800
54 Minutes of exposure (27x2 minutes)
AstroTrac TT320 Astrophotography mount for tracking

No comments: