Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I was awarded an Astronomy Grant

In case no one noticed, it has been rather cloudy lately, so the astrophotography opportunities have been very slim. I fully intend on taking advantage of any opportunities as they come available. I received great news this month. I received a grant from a group in California, called the Riverside Telescope Makers Conference (RTMC). It is called the Clifford W. Holmes Grant, and it is given to people who are actively involved in astronomy outreach. My submission for the grant was through my use of my Astronomy Mobile Outreach Vehicle (AMOV). I use the vehicle to help me carry telescopes and equipment to astronomy outreach programs in the area. I will be purchasing a solar telescope with this grant so I can expand my solar programs. I am pleased that this group has recognized my efforts, and I thank them for their assistance in helping me bring astronomy to the Roanoke Valley. The solar telescope will also be used at outreach events held by the Star City Astronomy Network, a local group of astronomers dedicated to observational astronomy, and astronomy outreach.
Keep hitting the blog for new images as I shoot the night skies.

No comments: